Lesser-Known Uses of Our Vessel Documentation Portal

vessel documentation portal

You know that our vessel documentation portal is used for initial documentation, renewing it, all that kind of thing. But, have you ever looked at our site and wondered: “what are some of those other forms for?” It might not seem like a pressing need right now, but as a vessel owner, you know that you can’t predict, not with 100% certainty, what’s going to happen on the water. Hopefully, everything goes according to your float plan. But, sometimes, things can happen. When they do, you want to be prepared. Here are some of the uses of “lesser-known” forms on our site. 

Vessel Documentation Portal

In our modern, digital, online age, many believe that your Certificate of Documentation is valid as long as you’ve paid for it. That can be true, so long as you have a physical, actual copy of it as well. Should that physical copy become mutilated or destroyed, then you need to get another one. If you don’t, then you’re not in compliance anymore. It’s the same as if you didn’t get your documentation (or get it renewed) in the first place. You can use the “Replacement” form at our site to do exactly that: get a replacement for your Certificate of Documentation. 

What to Do If You Don’t Renew Your Documentation 

At our site, we do everything in our power to make it easier to get and hang onto your documentation. That means easy forms for the initial documentation, yes. It also means making it possible to renew your documentation for years in advance. However, we understand that, sometimes, things happen. When they do, it’s possible that maybe you don’t renew your documentation in time, causing you to not be in compliance. Should that be the case, that’s when you want to use the “Reinstatement” at our site. That makes it possible to get back into compliance for when you aren’t. 

Bringing a Foreign Vessel to US Waters for Limited Commercial Uses 

This may not apply to all of you, but some of you are, eventually, going to want to use a foreign-built vessel (or a vessel that hasn’t been documented) to conduct limited commercial passenger operations in the waters of the United States. When that’s the case, you’re going to want what’s called a “MARAD Small Vessel Waiver.” As ever, that’s one more form that you can find at our site. 

A Vessel Documentation Portal for All 

Now, the above are just some of the “lesser-used” forms at our site. But, they all receive the same treatment that our other forms do. For example, they’re just as easy to fill out on practically any kind of device, so long as you’re connected to the internet. Beyond that, they’re also checked over by our professional document processors, ensuring that everything looks and reads exactly as it should. As ever, your forms are secured by our top-notch, impregnable security. To see all that we have, check our site today.