Coast Guard Documentation Before, During, and After Ownership

Coast Guard documentation

Are you tired of having to search all over the internet for the Coast Guard documentation forms that you need? Does it seem like every time you need a new documentation form, you have to spend way too much online just to find it (to say nothing of filling it out?) We designed our site to be the nation’s fastest as well as most comprehensive U. S. Coast Guard online processing firm. So, when you go to our site, you’ll find all of the forms you’ll need for the entire span of owning your vessel. 

Coast Guard Documentation Before You Purchase Your Vessel 

Before you purchase a vessel, you want to know as much as possible about it. That’s exactly what you can get from the Abstract of Title. This form of documentation will tell you when a vessel was manufactured, when, who did it, as well as providing the entire chain of ownership. Moreover, you’ll know whether or not there are any outstanding mortgages and liens on the vessel (or if indeed, there ever were). This kind of information can be invaluable for any number of reasons, not the least of which is it lets you know whether or not the owner of this vessel you’re researching is being truthful with you. 

Documentation for When the Vessel is Yours – Financing and More

Once you’ve purchased a vessel, we have all of the forms you’ll need to make sure that you can operate it as you like. For example, we’ve got forms for the initial vessel documentation as well as renewal. Moreover, you can actually renew for up to five years through our site (as opposed to having to go year by year). You can choose the right endorsement for your vessel when you initially document it. But, if you so choose, you can use the forms at our site to change that endorsement, too. 

To Complete the Sale of Your Vessel 

For just about any vessel (but not all of them) there will come a day when it’s time to sell it to someone else. We have all of the forms for that, too. For example, we have the “Satisfaction/Release of Mortgage/Lien” forms, so that you can have definitive proof that you paid off those debts. Moreover, we have the “Transfer/Exchange” form, too, so that the person buying the vessel can get it done right. 

Documentation to “Keep Your Vessel Afloat” 

Plenty of folks get their vessels documented not because they have to, but because they want to get financing for it. Again, this is one more area where we offer the forms to allow you to apply for a Preferred Ship’s Mortgage. It’s important to note that we don’t just “have” the forms; the forms are available on our mobile-optimized site so that you can fill them out in a matter of minutes. On top of that, we have a professional staff who are more than happy to answer your calls at (866) 981-8783.