Changing Your Vessel’s Hailing Port

You have just bought a boat that has been previously documented with the USCG. This means that the hailing port of the boat might not be the same as that which is listed on the documentation, and this could lead you into serious difficulties with the Coast Guard. The same can also happen if you move to a new location, and need to put your boat into a different port. Whatever your reasons for speaking to the USCG, you will need to ask them to change the documentation to demonstrate that the vessel has moved. This process can be simple, but Vessel Documentation US knows that there are some people who struggle to understand the paperwork, and may need the assistance of our highly qualified teams.

 hailing port

Changing Your Port

Many car drivers will have had to change their registration when they move from one state to another, and vessels are in a similar position. In the same way that you can register a car in one state after it has previously been in another, so you can change the named port on your vessel’s documentation. However, unlike with a vehicle, when you name a particular port as your vessel’s origin you are agreeing to abide by the regulations and rules particular to that port. This may mean that you have to do particular things to your vessel, or manage it in a particular way, in order to meet the demands of the new port. Bear this in mind when you are applying to change the named port for your vessel.

Getting The Documentation Right

In order to change the port of your vessel, you will need to submit documentation to the USCG. You will have to make sure that you are able to fill in the forms correctly, including the official names and numbers pertaining to your vessel, and the current port that is named in the documentation. You will be able to obtain the necessary forms from our people so that you can get the very best out of the documentation process. We can make sure that you have included everything necessary to transfer your vessel from one port to another, and that the submitted forms are accurate, which can save you time and money, and allow you to have your vessel at its new destination quickly.

Let Us Help You With Paperwork

When you are searching for a way to set up a new hailing port for your vessel, you may want to speak to the Vessel Documentation Center. We can help you to bring your vessel closer to your new home using our expert teams to provide you with the forms that you need, and to examine them after they are completed and prior to submission to the US Coast Guard. When you want to make sure that your documentation application is successful at the first attempt, contact us and speak to our teams about your needs. Simply contact the team through our email, or call us at 1 (866) 981-8783 now.