Finding the Coast Guard Form You Need in Any Circumstance

Coast Guard form

Do you find yourself in need of a certain Coast Guard form but can’t find it anywhere? Or, alternatively, do you know that you need to do something to stay in compliance with the Coast Guard, but you aren’t exactly sure what it is? These are some of the most common reasons that folks come to our U. S. Coast Guard online processing firm. Here, you can find all of the forms you’ll need for any circumstance. Below, we’ve collected a few of the form needs that our customers have asked us about. 

Coast Guard Form for When You Move 

If you’ve moved from the address the Coast Guard has on file to a new one, then you will want to update that with the “Change of Address” form at our site. Indeed, we have it so high on the left side of our home page because it’s one of the most commonly used forms. Additionally, you’re going to want to change your documentation when your boat “moves” too, specifically to another hailing port. That’s where the “Change of Vessel Name or Hailing Port” form comes in. Remember the “or” in that name: you don’t need to want to change the name of your vessel to use that form, just the hailing port (or vice versa). 

When You Want Financing for Your Vessel 

For many, the sole reason that they got their vessel documented in the first place was so they could apply for financing. To that end, we have multiple forms that can help. The “Preferred Ship’s Mortgage” form can help you to apply for the financing you want. Bear in mind, simply filling this form out doesn’t guarantee that you’re going to get a mortgage that you want. Additionally, once you do get a mortgage and pay it off, the “Satisfaction/Release of Mortgage/Lien” form can make sure that the Coast Guard has it in their records. 

When Your Documentation Expires 

At our site, we make it possible to renew your documentation for not just the next year, but the next four years after that as well. However, we understand that things happen and not everyone gets their documentation renewed in time for any number of reasons. Should that occur (and you want to hang onto your documentation) then we offer a solution: the “reinstatement” path. There, you can make sure that your vessel stays documented even if you didn’t meet the renewal deadline. 

Any Coast Guard Form You Need 

Those forms mentioned are just some of the ones we’re asked about in certain circumstances. The truth is that documentation, like a ship’s course on the water, is going to be different for everyone. If you aren’t entirely sure about the forms that you need, our pros are more than willing to help. Should you have any questions, our staff can answer them, up to and including walking you through the forms, blank by blank, if you would like. For more: (866) 981-8783.