Keeping Your NVDC Status in Compliance, Come What May

NVDC status

Do you have a nagging suspicion, in the back of your head, that there’s something you have to do with your vessel documentation? Does it feel like something threatens your NVDC status but you aren’t sure what? This is common. Many vessel owners feel a bit of a free-floating anxiety when it comes to their vessel’s documentation. These forms can be a bit confusing and opaque best, with different qualifications, deadlines, and more. At our site, you can find all of the forms you need for anywhere your vessel’s journey takes you. 

Keeping Your NVDC Status in Regards to Your Documentation 

If you’ve just received the vessel, you’re going to want to make sure that its documentation is up to speed. First, check if you need to document the vessel (not all vessels must be documented). That said, if you do choose to document your vessel, we have the forms you need for that at our site, as well as the forms for renewing that documentation, too. Should your documentation have expired or you missed the renewal deadline, we can still help. Indeed, you can use our “reinstatement” forms for exactly that. 

Keeping Your Status if You Lose Your Certificate 

Losing your Certificate of Documentation (or having it ruined or mutilated) may not seem like all that big a deal at the time. “It’s just a form,” you might think, “I’m still in compliance because the renewal deadline is far off.” Alas, that doesn’t apply in this case. To be in compliance, you need a literal, physical Certificate of Registration. However, if yours is gone or badly damaged, we’ve got you covered. All you have to do is to complete the “Replacement” form at our site to get back into compliance fast. 

Changing Your Status to Meet How You Use Your Vessel 

Plans change. They tend to as life changes. Maybe you bought your vessel originally to use in fishery activities, but now you’re ready to just use it for recreation. Or, alternatively, maybe you were going to use your vessel for having a good time but now see you could make good money transporting folks. At our site, you can use the “Change of Endorsement/Trade Indicator” form to be able to use your vessel how you would like. That way, you can change the endorsement in accordance with how you want to use your vessel. 

A National Vessel Documentation Center for You 

Those mentioned are just some of the ways that you can make sure your vessel’s status with the powers that be is on the up and up, so to speak. In addition to those forms, you’ll find plenty of others at our site, too. Additionally, you’ll find them in easy to access and complete fashion, so that you can do so in just a few minutes from practically anywhere (as long as you’re connected to the internet). Beyond that, we have a trained staff who can answer your questions at (866) 981-8783.